Our Migrant Education Program is a federally funded program for disadvantaged students of parents who are employed in agricultural work and move frequently to follow seasonal jobs. These funds are distributed within the school district to help provide support staff, transportation, availability of school buildings and other resources to those students.
- The purpose of this program is to provide education and support services to children and is specifically designed to meet their individual educational needs. Some of these services include: intensive reading and math interventions, science, as well as social skills.
- Children are eligible to participate in the Migrant Education Program if their parents are agricultural workers and employed in temporary or seasonal agricultural positions. It’s a great opportunity to help support your child’s education and development. If you feel you are eligible please take advantage of this wonderful program and contact us.
- US Department of Education: Office of Migrant Education
- Utah State Office of Education: Migrant Education Program
- Migrant Education Program
Canyons School District
Student Advocacy and Access
For more information please contact: