Family Learning Centers began as a new program for Canyons District in 2011. Housed in Title I schools, the goal of these Centers is to provide training and resources to parents to support learning in the home. Classes are provided to help parents know how to help their students with reading and homework in all subjects, as well as how to navigate the school system and work with teachers.
Our adult education program offers classes for parents to earn a high school diploma, learn English, basic computer skills, "plazas communitarias", parenting skills, and other content such as managing conflict, financial literacy, and nutrition.
- 7th Annual Sombrero Walk. The walk will be held on Thursday, May 23rd starting at 9:30 am. We will have a presentation by Food $ense starting at 10:00 am in the Copperview Cafeteria. Wear your Sombreros! Click here for more information.
- Family Learning Center Recognition Night, which will be held Thursday, May 30th at 6:00 pm in the Midvale Middle School Auditorium. click here for more information.
- Family Literacy Center Schedule - English
- Family Literacy Center Schedule - Spanish
- Family Literacy Center Schedule - Arabic