How do I apply to have my student transfer to an out-of-boundary school?

Students who wish to attend a school other than their resident school — the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries — may request a transfer by going in person to their school of choice and filling out a Standard Early Open Enrollment Application. The application window for Early Enrollment permits opens Thursday, Dec. 1 and closes on Friday, Feb. 17.

 School transfers are approved when space is available and on a first-come, first-served basis. Parents are responsible for providing transportation for transfer students. Once a school administrator approves an open-enrollment permit, annual reapplication is not required.The permit will renew automatically every year thereafter as long as the student remains at the same school and the permit is not revoked. Permits must be renewed when a student advances from elementary to middle school or from middle school to high school. The open-enrollment permit requests can be submitted at most CSD schools. The exceptions are Corner Canyon Highand Willow Springs Elementary, which have been placed on moratorium status by the Canyons Board of Education. This means students who don’t live within the schools’ boundaries, if they aren’t already enrolled, won’t be allowed to enroll for the coming school year. More information can be found online.
Read 7178 times