I live in another district but want my children to attend Canyons schools. Can I do that?

Utah schools are open enrollment, meaning that children may enroll in schools other than those assigned to them by geographic boundaries, as long as there is room at the school. You may apply for an out-of-boundary permit, officially called a Standard Open Enrollment Applicationat the schools where you would like your children to attend. However, if you decide to go this route, you will be responsible for your child’s transportation to and from school. Two schools in Canyons District are closed to out-of-boundary students: Willow Springs Elementary and Corner Canyon High. The Board of Education approved a so-called “moratorium status” based on enrollments that place them above the open enrollment threshold defined by state statute as greater of 90 percent maximum school capacity or maximum capacity minus 40 students.  The school open enrollment period is Dec. 1 through the third week of February.  Find more information on CSD’s Office of Planning and Enrollment’s webpage.  
Read 4559 times