Is it possible to transfer to different schools within Canyons District?

Under Utah law, students who wish to attend a school other than their neighborhood school—the one assigned to them by geographic boundaries—may apply to transfer to another school by submitting a Standard Open Enrollment Form. In Canyons District, families are able to submit these forms online from the comfort of their home or office using our Online Permit Portal. For the coming school year, the window for applying for the school-choice permits will open Dec. 1 and end Feb. 16. School transfers are approved when space is available and on a first-come, first-served basis. Once a school accepts a family’s online permit application, the family has 10 days to accept the invitation. After 10 days, if the invitation hasn’t been accepted, the permit will be rescinded. During the application window, principals, or their designees, are encouraged to respond within 30 days or a reasonable timeframe after receiving an application as a courtesy to those families who may be applying to more than one school. Principals will receive a reminder each morning of permits that are pending approval. Questions? Please contact Floyd Stensrud in the Office of Planning and Enrollment, 801-826-5180.
Read 3363 times